Flowers symbolise life, wellbeing and happiness; the very essence of what mothers strive to provide for their children. Therefor there is no greater or more classic gesture than saying thanks on Mother’s Day with flowers.
This Mother’s Day, the Melbourne Market in conjunction with Flowers Victoria has created a marketing campaign that is sure to make all mums feel the love. With your cooperation and support this sentimental and attention grabbing campaign will entice children young and old to purchase blooms of love for mum.
The campaign will go live Friday 28th April, driving the key message “Send Blooms of Love to Mum this Mother’s Day”. It will be supported with point of sale advertising material together with a social media and online marketing directive via the following avenues:
- Market Fresh Website
- Flowers Victoria Website
To make this campaign successful, we ask for the support of all florists and growers. The aim is to make the hashtag #bloomsformum go viral. So make sure you are following @flowersvic & @melbmarket on Instagram and the Flowers Victoria Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/flowersvic1 for all of the latest updates. Feel free to share, like and hashtag, in an effort to promote to your customers and the wider community every mum deserves a bunch of flowers this Mother’s Day.
Display advertising and social media:
This campaign has been generously funded on behalf of the industry by:
Please feel free to download the following content to use for marketing efforts leading up to Mother’s Day
Campaign Art Work
More art work coming soon!
Also available to download at www.poweroftheflower.com.au
How to get involved
The Melbourne Market and Flowers Victoria have made it easy to participate in and promote the 2017 Mother’s Day campaign with a suite of material for your business to use. This includes:
- Posters (available electronically in A2 & A3)
- A limited number of A2 printed posters will be available for purchase (for a gold coin donation) at the Flower Market on Tuesday 2nd & Thursday 4th April. They will also be available at the MMA Reception. Flowers Victoria members will receive complimentary copies sent via post. We encourage growers to promote the campaign by putting it up on your stand at the market. This type of campaign gains the best traction when everyone in the industry gets involved
- Bouquet message cards – every time you sell or send out flowers, offer one of these cards in place of your normal message cards to help promote the campaign. This will also encourage the recipient of the flowers to show their purchase online, tagging #bloomsformum – helping to make the campaign go viral. The lovely floral design will also add a decorative touch to your designs. A limited quantity of these cards will be available to purchase as well as being available electronically for you to print.
- Facebook banners
- Website banners
- Instagram campaign tiles and image
- Additional marketing ideas for florists
- All campaign material is available complimentary in PDF format via www.poweroftheflower.com.au
Next steps – Get ready for Mother’s Day
- Merchandise your store – get campaign posters from the Flower Market (or online). Advertise them via your website, social media accounts, and on the windows and at the point of sale counter. The key is to remind your customers that Mother’s Day is coming.
- Update your business listing on http://www.marketfresh.com.au/listing-category/find-your-local-florist/
- Make sure your business is listed, as traffic from the online ads will click through to this site. You want to make sure the consumer knows the details of your store to ensure you receive their business.
- Update your social media – Download the campaign tiles and imagery and upload them to your personal Facebook & Instagram accounts. Don’t forget to hashtag #bloomsformum. This helps the campaign flow and allows the message to repeatedly remind consumers to buy flowers every time they see it.