Our main role is to promote the status and opportunities within the flower industry in Victoria, and to advance policies that enable you to minimise your economic potential.
We are here to help you run and manage a successful business, providing access to exclusive benefits and services such as;
• Opportunities to cut your energy and business costs
• Short courses and more formal learning opportunities
• Representation at the Australian Flower Council
• Free tickets to the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show (MIFGS)
• Discount on Industry Party tickets at MIFGS
• Your company details listed on the Flowers Victoria website
• Subscription to Australian Flower Industry Magazine and Floraculture International Magazine
• Discounts on selected Australian Association of Floral Designers Events.
Servicing our members and supporting them as their businesses grow is our number one priority.
We are continually developing products and services to increase the value of your membership fee.
Without our valued member support, Flowers Victoria would not be able to achieve:
- Successful lobbying for no overtime for casuals and the continued use of piece rates in the Horticulture Awards;
- Visa extensions for working holiday makers (back packers) on condition they spent a minimum 3 months working in rural areas;
- Greater access to reliable seasonal labour;
- Continued access to highly valuable workplace services;
- Fighting for the continued off label use of chemicals;
- Promoting the industry to the end consumer.
As part of your membership you can enjoy the full support of the VFF for lobbying Government and other agencies on issues that can impact your business.
Receive monthly eNews letters which will keep you up to speed with the exciting happenings in your industry.